Copying song parts from separate wav files

mcmac74

Hi

Sometimes I try to copy a section of a track that has two or more wav files within it ..I select the region, copy selected part of track, paste....but it only pastes the first wav file. I can do the same action for the second wav and so on but I'm guessing theres a quicker fix?

Cheers Mark

Make sure that you select all the tracks needed before you hit the copy selection. I make the selection area first, then hit CNTRL and click on any tracks you need, the use COPY within Time Selection. The selected tracks should then paste together in sync.

I think you still have to click on the wave forms to select the tracks. Shift click on the top and then shift click the bottom will select all tracks between.

ie: to select tracks 3 -10, hold shift, click wave 3, then click 10 and it will select everything between. CNTRL click is for when you want to select non adjacent tracks, like 1-2, and 9. Handy if you have a few guitar or bass parts you want to chop and insert without disrupting the drum tracks from 3 to 8.

If you create a Region, you can just copy the Region itself and it will copy every track that is part of that Region. So Ctrl+Dragging the Region will make a copy. You don't need to select anything.

Back