Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Collaboration via email

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    If you've got a bunch of clutter from forgetting to create sub directories for your projects, and all of your different project's media files are living in a giant mess of files in the same folder, there is a great way to sort it all out:

- one by one, open each project in Reaper
    - Click File->Save As...
    - Check the boxes for "create folder for project" and "move media to project folder"
    - Click OK

That should help clear a lot of the clutter and start to make sense of your project media organization.

*edit* Zed already mentioned this above

But since you're struggling with the concepts of file management, I'd say start simple. Get to know the Windows app called File Explorer, which will be your long-term friend from now on. Create a new project, be sure to save it before doing anything, check that "create folder" box in the Save... dialog, record a single track, and take a look at what all was created in that process. That'll help ease into this process rather than jumping in the deep end with a jumble of hundreds of project/media/peak files all at once.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tadpui For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Don't send Mp3 files back and forth. Use Wav files. If they are too large to send by email, then put them in a dropbox or google drive and send the link. Both those services are available free.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Robus View Post
    Don't send Mp3 files back and forth. Use Wav files. If they are too large to send by email, then put them in a dropbox or google drive and send the link. Both those services are available free.
    Yeah, this has been suggested and I've given it a try but I'm still doing something wrong. My son is pretty sharp on that kind of thing and he agreed to steer me in the right direction after Christmas. Until then, we've been using a thumb drive and that worked, so far.

Thanks
    E-Mail , G- Mail , get permission to correspond first ? How is that possible in a nutshell once again?:

Thread Information