Cheap ccntroller?

notCardio

I walk the line
Is there one that works well with Reaper?

I keep thinking about looking for an old Behri BCF-2000. They're probably all broken by now.

I use both a Nektar Panorama P1 & the original Presonus FaderPort, both work great for me. I don't know about the newer FaderPort as I haven't tried it, I would think it should work as well... but can't be 100% sure. Nektar has their own drivers that work perfectly with Reaper and the FaderPort required a 3rd party driver to function 100% if I recall correctly, you'd have to look it up on the Reaper boards to be sure. I bought both of these for under $100, though I imagine you'd have to find them used these days.

Thanks. While both of those look like they could be useful, I'd really like more of a full-size mixer-type thing. I would think it would be frustrating to have to constantly reassign the single fader on the Presonus to different tracks every time you wanted to tweak something. I don't handle frustration well.

Good luck. The only full-size mixer type things are from Behringer, and they aren't cheap. Also, the FaderPort is not assigned to a single fader, it automatically switches to the current track, the fader snaps automatically. You either select the track with your mouse or press the button on the FaderPort to move track by track.

Good luck. The only full-size mixer type things are from Behringer, and they aren't cheap. Also, the FaderPort is not assigned to a single fader, it automatically switches to the current track, the fader snaps automatically. You either select the track with your mouse or press the button on the FaderPort to move track by track.

Can you assign it to group tracks, master, and monitor mixes?

You don't really "assign" it to anything... it automatically snaps to the currently selected track... so, yes? If you select the Master track... it will let you control the Master track... I don't know about Monitor Mixes, is that a Track?

I'm interested in this subject also, I have the faders and mutes working from my Tascam M3700, but its not the best and can't get moving faders which I want. I do own a Behringer x32 as well which I have heard can he a control surface but that's overkill and I can fit in into the control room with the M3700 there (which I use during tracking). Maybe I need a bigger control room LOL.

So a light weight 16 channel control surface that I can put on top of the M3700 during mixing.

On the other hand I could just piss it all off and get a SSL Nucleus2 LOL.

Alan

I'm interested in this subject also, I have the faders and mutes working from my Tascam M3700, but its not the best and can't get moving faders which I want. I do own a Behringer x32 as well which I have heard can he a control surface but that's overkill and I can fit in into the control room with the M3700 there (which I use during tracking). Maybe I need a bigger control room LOL.

So a light weight 16 channel control surface that I can put on top of the M3700 during mixing.

On the other hand I could just piss it all off and get a SSL Nucleus2 LOL.

Alan

Well, if you feel the urge to send me that x32, I think I could make myself live with the overkill. ;)

I use my x32 for my control surface for reaper, and I love how it interfaces with the daw. I use the x32 for my main interface as well, although I do wish it was set up to record at 96k, it works very well.

I use an old Tascam US2400 with Reaper and you can pick these up quite cheap now. Perfect for my set up. I have track templates set so at the push of a button I can add a new track with EQ and Compressor all controlled by the Tascam. 24 Moving faders with bank shifting in groups of 8 are great for hands on mixing, writing envelopes/autmation, etc. Looks and feels great too. Best tool I've added to my arsenal in a long while.

02a.jpg

I use an old Tascam US2400 with Reaper and you can pick these up quite cheap now. Perfect for my set up. I have track templates set so at the push of a button I can add a new track with EQ and Compressor all controlled by the Tascam. 24 Moving faders with bank shifting in groups of 8 are great for hands on mixing, writing envelopes/autmation, etc. Looks and feels great too. Best tool I've added to my arsenal in a long while.

View attachment 106762

I can only find one for sale, and it's $850 if you include shipping. Not what I was considering cheap, but thanks anyway.

I can only find one for sale, and it's $850 if you include shipping. Not what I was considering cheap, but thanks anyway.

I paid £300 for mine which equates to about $400. For what you get, that is quite cheap. $850 would be around £630 for me and I wouldn't have paid that. They average around £300-£400 in the UK. I have seen people trying to sell them for £800 but they don't sell at that price.

For what you get, 25 Motorised faders, transport, jog wheel, the ability to program channel strips and other buttons to whatever you want, they're quite cheap.

Back