Cant record with USB interface?

Roguetitan

Hello

I am having trouble getting started.
reaper does not recognize my interface.
I am uasing a Behringer UCA 202
I have ASIO 4All installed.
it works fine with kristal audio engine so I know the interface is working.
this is my first time trying to record with Reaper so I am sure I am doing something wrong.

Make sure you have that card set as your primary card. Go to control panel and then sound settings option and have that particular card set as your primary card. Also as stated above check your preferences and make sure that particular card is selected. Do you have the latest drivers installed for that soundcard by the way? I use a Tascam US-122 and its USB and i have no issues what so ever. I hope all works well 4 ya.

Nicole

Reaper recognizes the sound card it is not recognizing the USB interface

I can record just fine with Kristal but not Reaper.

OKI figured it out

in the audio device settings
it cannot be set on ASIO, it must be set on either WDM Kernel Streaming
or direct sound.
I wonder which would be the best setting?:confused:

the asio 4 all driver will show in reaper, its one that we test with often. Something else is going on here. It may be that something has a hold of the ASIO4all driver
reaper will not aggressively grab that driver, unless "release driver when not the active application is unchecked. Possibly

If you get a chance to come to reaper chat we can probably get this figured

Pipe, I think this is the same USB device that myself and brice and alex tried to get going in chat with someone else, we never got it going....with ASIO4ALL.

the asio 4 all driver will show in reaper, its one that we test with often. Something else is going on here. It may be that something has a hold of the ASIO4all driver
reaper will not aggressively grab that driver, unless "release driver when not the active application is unchecked. Possibly

If you get a chance to come to reaper chat we can probably get this figured

Pipe, I think this is the same USB device that myself and brice and alex tried to get going in chat with someone else, we never got it going....with ASIO4ALL.
ALOHA Pipelineaudio and SRR
Yes the ASIO 4 All driver is recognised by the DAW it is just that ASIO 4 All cannot or does not enable the device however the interface does work with the device settings set on direct sound.

which leads to my next question what would be the best least expensive interface to use with my mixer that I may be able to record on 2 or more tracks simontaneously that ASIO 4 All will recognize?
or can I just get a couple of cables to plug1 into my front mic andand the other line in?
any other suggestions?

Im hesitant to reccomend soundcards, because so often they are built by incompetents. Some companies have FANTASTIC features but really poor quality control.

Most add in a "safety buffer" that increases latency while doing absolutely jack diddly for "safety"

Most drivers are built by guys who don't even work for the soundcard maker

Some manufacturers are dicks

Its a REAL crapshoot

Soundscape will treat you right, build with SOLID quality, staff coders, solid drivers, but their card was made in 1996, is TDIF and PCI only

Echo has been improving their drivers lately and generally treats people ok

Frontier has absolutely impeccable build and drivers, but AFAIK PCI only

MOTU and RME will get you the lowest latency you can, but are expensive. QC and future support from MOTU can be a little questionable but they've been good lately. The MOTU 8Pre represents an INSANE value...plenty of I/O, future expandability, low latency, sensible features...not sure how it will hold up QC wise

Im hesitant to reccomend soundcards, because so often they are built by incompetents. Some companies have FANTASTIC features but really poor quality control.

Most add in a "safety buffer" that increases latency while doing absolutely jack diddly for "safety"

Most drivers are built by guys who don't even work for the soundcard maker

Some manufacturers are dicks

Its a REAL crapshoot

Soundscape will treat you right, build with SOLID quality, staff coders, solid drivers, but their card was made in 1996, is TDIF and PCI only

Echo has been improving their drivers lately and generally treats people ok

Frontier has absolutely impeccable build and drivers, but AFAIK PCI only

MOTU and RME will get you the lowest latency you can, but are expensive. QC and future support from MOTU can be a little questionable but they've been good lately. The MOTU 8Pre represents an INSANE value...plenty of I/O, future expandability, low latency, sensible features...not sure how it will hold up QC wise

Thanks Pipelineaudio
I asked this question over at Reaper forum also Flight seems to think that since I can't use ASIO 4 all the driver is installed wrong, I dont know how this could be:confused: ASIO 4 all recognizes the device as USB audio Codec and the device is enabled in asio 4 all but Reaper does not recognize the device for some reason
:IDK:
no biggie because I Have the device working with Reaper and that is what counts.

I am going to experiment with some balanced lines going direct to the line in and the front mic input and see what kind of result I get that way.

I just wanted to add a plug in here how impressed I am with the support forum, the chat line and the tutorials you have put together not to sell the Comprehensive PDF users manual short and BTW I will be buying that hard copy of the manual also, very impressive orginization!
I think i have come up with a plan, for now I will use the setup i currently have while I am studying to master the Reaper program and once I learn the ins and outs of the programi am going to research some audio Sound Cards/Interface hardware in the mean time to put into this super audio recordingRig of Doom computer I plan to build from a from a bare bones, something with a big hard drive and a lot of memory;) By that time you will have revised the current version of Reaper 2.010 to who knows what version then I will have to re-learn everything all over again:eek: :D

which is another thing that impresses me about Reaper you keep trying to make it better than it already is.
rockon.gif

Last edited:
Back