Can no longer record

daco2000

So, my Reaper DAW died yesterday. CANNOT record! AND, if I select the Input dropdown I cannot change or select Input: Stereo. It's a dead link. I CAN select MIDI or None. However, then I cannot go back and select Input: Mono. I have to close the project without saving and reopen it. The path for saving the tracks is set correctly. I have been recording with no issues for a few weeks. One note, I did download a WAVES plugin, but was never able find it in Reaper. A previous Waves plugin worked fine. Not sure it's relevant, but my recording issues starting around the same time.

WHAT IS GOING ON!? I'm about to uninstall Reaper and look for another DAW! I don't want to do that, because up until now I LOVED Reaper!!

It sounds like you lost the driver for your audio interface. Try downloading new drivers, and reinstall. Happened to me a few months ago.

Could also be an interface problem, or an interface setting problem.

You can reinstall reaper over an existing reaper if you think reaper is the problem.

The waves plug in problem, is it installed in the same place as the other waves plugins? Is it the same type, for example VST?

Alan.

Sounds like an interface issue to me too.

Check the drivers. Check the physical connection. Power-cycle everything a few times.

I'm hopping on to the interface as the problem bandwagon as well. If it's a USB interface, try another cable. Or make sure it is still firmly plugged in.

Back