C++ Runtime and memory errors with Reaper + Omnisphere driving me nuts!

asaga

First I'd like to say that I've researched the forums and found similar issues, but their solutions were to no avail to me. I'll have about 40 tracks open with Superior Drummer, Omnisphere and few basic reverb delay plugins. My computer has 8GB of Ram 64-bit 2.80ghz. This only started happening recently where whenever I load Omnisphere more than once, or even some other plugins, reaper will crash and display the Microsoft C++ Error. And on a side note Omnisphere will sometimes prompt the out of memory error. Any ideas on how to fix either? It's driving me crazy and I can't even load my projects now! I've included pictures in the link below. Thank you - Jon

errors.jpg

Easy, go check to see if the VST has any updates. Also, if you are using it more than once you may want to send the other tracks MIDI to a single track.

Example, I use SD and I have multiple drum tracks, I have loaded SD once and the other tracks that use it are sent to the track that calls it first. That way I only have SD loaded once. If that can work in this case, but it sounds like your VST is causing issues, not Reaper.

Easy, go check to see if the VST has any updates. Also, if you are using it more than once you may want to send the other tracks MIDI to a single track.

Example, I use SD and I have multiple drum tracks, I have loaded SD once and the other tracks that use it are sent to the track that calls it first. That way I only have SD loaded once. If that can work in this case, but it sounds like your VST is causing issues, not Reaper.

Wow, I think that did it! I updated the patches and everything in Omnisphere and so far so good! Thank you. Let me play with it for the rest of the night just to make sure!

Wow, I think that did it! I updated the patches and everything in Omnisphere and so far so good! Thank you. Let me play with it for the rest of the night just to make sure!

You could go blind, so be careful. :eek:

Yeah, that sounds like a memory-intensive setup you have there. Reduce memory usage by cutting down on simultaneous instances of VSTs and reverbs, and you'll probably see noticeable improvement.

Back