say i have 32 audio tracks and i want to buss the
bus a = drums
bus b = bass
bus c = guitar
buss d = vocals

like i did in vegas 4.0

thanks,
---mike---:D

Add four tracks (one for each buss), drag one above all your drum parts, click the folder icon for it, and then also click the folder icon for the last drum track you want on the buss. Do the same for all the rest of your buses. Hope that makes sense.

reaper doesnt force you to make a distinction between types of channels. Any channel can be a buss, folder, aux send, aux return, audio, and midi track, all at the same time

But I came from vegas as well, and wanted a visual with my "busses" showing in the mixer, so Justin added an option on the mixer menu "show folders". This way, I make my "busses" into folder tracks and they are the only tracks shown in the mixer, Vegas style

So just like vegas, while my TCP looks like this:

1078104314-chainbreaker-click-16-%5Bmodified%5D-REAPER-v2.0beta2-Registered-to-cockos-Commercial-license.png

My MCP looks like this:

1078104435-Mixer.png

thanks guys

still a little confused,
but i do better learning hands on, so I'll take the wonderful help you guys have provided and go and play around till i get it. I'm sure with reaper that wont take long.

again, thanks
---mike---

Reactions: SRR
I still wish Reaper handled nested folders a little better. In other words being able to have seperate sub mixes all go to a master sub mix that goes to the 2 buss. I know it can do it but it's a pain going into every sub buss and assigning to the master buss.

hopefully the folder in a folder stuff is coming soon

right now you could diasble each folders master send, then on a "submaster bus" track, click the i/o window and assign the recieves from there really quickly

Or even faster, just pop up the routing matrix

Reactions: SRR
Back