behringer 1820 with 8200 slave.

Atkron205

hey guys,
Its been awhile since I have messed with Reaper, I have a friend who has the Behringer UMC 1820 interface and is connecting a Behringer ADA 8200 as a slave unit to add 8 more channels. The connections are correct, the 8200 is synced to the 1820, is this the correct place to add the additional inputs? additional info: he is using a MacOs. the reaper manual says to create an aggregate device. I have no idea what that is.

reaper.PNG

Last edited:
If they're connected to each other via an optical cable and all sync'd up, then they'll appear as a single audio device in Reaper. So you're in the correct place. You should be able to click the drop down boxes for the "last" input and output, and select whatever the last ADAT input/output is called.

Once that is set, you should be able to select any of the 8 analog inputs or any of the 8 ADAT inputs in each track in your project.

The aggregate audio device thing on Macs is more for combining separate audio devices into a single device. So if you had 2 different audio interfaces plugged into the computer, you could make the software see them as a single audio device.

Thanks for the reply, since it's a MacOs, the screenshot above is not visable . and being I know nothing about Macs, I cannot figure it out.

Oh, ok I see. The place you're looking for is under Options->Audio->Device. Under the Enable Inputs heading, select the first and last inputs available, and do the same under Output Range. That should allow you to select any of the combined devices' inputs for any audio track.

If you're still not seeing all of the ADAT inputs, make sure that you've got ASIO selected under Audio Subsystem, and that you've selected the Behringer ASIO driver under ASIO Driver.

Back