Audiofire 8 + Reaper + Vista problem.....Help piplelineaudio!

superbeatballer

Hi. Whenever I open up reaper I get this window popping up. It also happens when I use any of the transport controls. A workaround has been going through outputs three and four and I do get audio, but the warning window persists. Does anyone know how to remedy this? It's super annoying and I would like for it to stop.

Noname.jpg

This happens to me except I don't get any message, Reaper just won't record/play. Do you have any media players running in the background? Or anything that is possibly using your sound card/playing sound?

This happens to me except I don't get any message, Reaper just won't record/play. Do you have any media players running in the background? Or anything that is possibly using your sound card/playing sound?

Yeah, I thought of that but I couldn't find anything. I'll take another look at my background processes just to be sure though. Thanks.

Wow! This is something you run into all the time running WDM or directsound drivers, but ASIO is pretty greedy and would seem to want to let you know earlier than this.

What does your sounds and audio devices setup in windows control panel look like? Are one and two the default devices for windows?

Wow! This is something you run into all the time running WDM or directsound drivers, but ASIO is pretty greedy and would seem to want to let you know earlier than this.

What does your sounds and audio devices setup in windows control panel look like? Are one and two the default devices for windows?

The only device I had showing was the Audiofire. The ac97 was disabled long ago.

I found the solution although I'm not sure what disabling midi outputs had to do with the analog outputs. The audiofire 8 doesn't even support midi. :confused: Anyway, everything is running as it should now. Thanks guys. :)

Noname-1.jpg

Back