Audio files not found after computer move

VomitHatSteve

Hat STYLE. Not contents.
So I made a bunch of projects that used a handful of shared files. Then I moved those projects and shared files over to a new computer (using a slightly different file structure (XP to Vista))

Now, every time I load one of those projects (on the new computer), I get "file...could not be found" errors. The first time I opened them, I "Browse[d] for file...", and that resolved it, but when I opened them later, the files weren't found again.

ANyone know how to fix this permanently? (There are way too many files to go through and replace them all manually)

Thanks.

If you can manage to get them into your project again, you should go "save project as" and check the box that says "copy all media into project directory". This will gather all the files used and save them in the one spot. Make sure it is a spot that you can find again!

If you haven't already tried this.....

Make sure they are in the same basic folder on the new drive as they were before.

Ex. If they were in c:\My Documents\songs before, and now they are in E:\songs\ ... that's probably your problem.

It'll be fine for any new songs, but for the ones you've already created, i think the project points to the original folder for all of it's data.. .if that data has been moved, it throws a hissy fit.

Back