Audio box wont record in reaper

Re-tox_stl

So i have my audio box running into my computer via usb, and my mic plugged into my audio box. I have checked my levels, and everything is good to go, but when i hit the record button, i get an error window saying "RECORDING ERROR.Can't write to recording files, does the directory exist?". Does anyone know what the dealio is?

Much love, Drew

So i have my audio box running into my computer via usb, and my mic plugged into my audio box. I have checked my levels, and everything is good to go, but when i hit the record button, i get an error window saying "RECORDING ERROR.Can't write to recording files, does the directory exist?". Does anyone know what the dealio is?

Much love, Drew

Try this:

Create a new project.

Without recording or doing anything, save the project as something.

Then try recording

Its a no go :(

Try:

1 Go to 'Options' in Reaper.

2 Go to 'Preferences'

3 Go to 'Audio', then to 'Recording'

4 Go to 'Default recording path . . .'

5 Click on 'browse' and find a directory that exist. Create one beforehand, if necessary, or just use 'my music' or something.

Are you saying you still get these messages: '"RECORDING ERROR.Can't write to recording files, does the directory exist?"'?

Try:

Go to "file" on the menu bar

Go to "Project Settings"

Go to "Audio settings"

See where it says "Path to save media files . . ."

Is this blank?

If not, what is in there?

Also:

Go to "Options"

Go to "Preferences"

Go to "Audio", then "Recording"

See where it says "Default recording path . . ."

Is this blank?

Likewise, if not, what is in there?

I can't really see why you are getting those messages. My only thought is that Reaper is trying to save to a place where it is unsaveable, for example, to a CD drive, an external USB drive, or similar.

YES!! ITS WORKING!! Turns out that it was trying to save files to an external drive that i don't have anymore. Thank you so much!

Back