Artist and Album Customization

Erockrazor

I mix in (2x) real-time
When rendering a file, is there a way in Reaper to also write the song artist and album so it comes up on media players. If not reaper, than how can I change the album title and artist so that it's permanently on the file.

WAV files can't have those as far as I know.

If you're rendering as MP3, I don't think Reaper has the option to export tags.

If you are using Windows XP, you can just right-click the MP3 file, and click "Properties". Then go to the "Summary" tab and click "Advanced". It will show stuff like artist, title, etc. You can click next to them and it will let you type.

When you're done, click the Apply button and the info is saved into the MP3 file (make sure the MP3 file isn't open or being played or it won't be able to save it).

There are other tag editors out there, some with more options, but if you have XP then it saves you from having to download another program.

I know u can do it in Audacity when u export your file as a mp3. Also if you have a burning program like Nero when u go to export u can select more options and set it from that screen also. Thats what I do. So when I play it in windows media player it has the name and title of the track.

Nicole

Back