Another frustrating problem.

Yeah I know what you mean...been buying all kind of gadgets lately the wife would have me buried in a remote location if I'd go "honey, I just bought these...".

Sounds like you got some martiants eaves dropping on your tunes... I remember X-files having those kind of effects when visitors from outerspace came calling :P ...No truthfull I can only think that maybe your videocard is giving out or a faulty cable taking interference from a local source...you have speakers near your monitor? could be the magnetic field of the speakers making the interference

Could have been an update. They use command prompt screens a lot when doing system level updates.

Yeah I know what you mean...been buying all kind of gadgets lately the wife would have me buried in a remote location if I'd go "honey, I just bought these...".

Sounds like you got some martiants eaves dropping on your tunes... I remember X-files having those kind of effects when visitors from outerspace came calling :P ...No truthfull I can only think that maybe your videocard is giving out or a faulty cable taking interference from a local source...you have speakers near your monitor? could be the magnetic field of the speakers making the interference

I already know, they live in my clothes dryer. True story. "bidle da do didle do didle do? Bidle da do didle do"! LOL!

Nothing has moved in months. Speakers a couple feet from monitor.

Could have been an update. They use command prompt screens a lot when doing system level updates.

I am actually hoping this was the cause. I ran 3 virus programs, and Malwarebytes. Nothing came up. Stuff just working fine now. Dammit! No excuse for a new toy! lol

It did act like something was totally messed up. I was just pulling up a web search and shit got out of control. No mouse, no keyboard, just chaos flashing on screen. Maybe one of the virus programs caught it as I turned the power off. IDK....

By the way, the 'acid' comment was a joke. I only do shrooms. lol!

I am actually hoping this was the cause. I ran 3 virus programs, and Malwarebytes. Nothing came up. Stuff just working fine now. Dammit! No excuse for a new toy! lol

It did act like something was totally messed up. I was just pulling up a web search and shit got out of control. No mouse, no keyboard, just chaos flashing on screen. Maybe one of the virus programs caught it as I turned the power off. IDK....

By the way, the 'acid' comment was a joke. I only do shrooms. lol!

Go get you some good Gin and mix it with some Ginger-ale, say you put too much in it and Ooops! dams just broke my computer in a hundred pieces. Might work?

I am curious though, what the hell happened last night. Literally, PC was flashing bits of every opening screen of every program installed. Maybe it was the acid...lol

Random transient poltergeists.... could've happened to anyone Jimmy... ;)

My exp is that Reaper does not play well with other audio drivers active. I have disabled windows drivers, sounds on board sound card etc. (def "sounds" as you can get nasty surprises with monitors turned up). I use Win 7 and have my RME drivers as sole source. Post your results of cleaning and such.

It seems my troubles ended with the complete cleaning of the hardware from dust and all... it appears it had been quite a long time since I last did this

It's probably a Reaper problem. It's a $40 program that runs OK until you add the plug ins and since the plug is that come with Reaper are worthless you'll be adding plug ins. The more you add the more unstable it gets.

Reaper has run every VST plugin in I have thrown at it.

If I gave you two identical tracks, one rendered with with stock Reaper plugins, the other with snootier second party plugins, could you identify which is which?

It's probably a Reaper problem. It's a $40 program that runs OK until you add the plug ins and since the plug is that come with Reaper are worthless you'll be adding plug ins. The more you add the more unstable it gets.

Are you on a one man mission to stop everyone using Reaper? Every post I've seen you write has been garbage like this above.

Are you on a one man mission to stop everyone using Reaper? Every post I've seen you write has been garbage like this above.

I was getting the same feeling. Could be user problem (maybe)? Maybe Mr.O is looking for magic software, make my bad song good. I would kind of like that myself come to think of it.

Dedicated Reaper fan here. I know people get tired of hearing that but the software works well. I sometimes run 80 to 100 plugs without a problem. (big projects) I do get a hiccup on occasion. Save is my friend. So what it if it is inexpensive? I have had more problems with protools (HD) than I have had with Reaper. To say that it becomes unstable when you add more plugs has not been my experience. For fun I load up all kinds of stuff to A/B and just to see if I can crash the program. (yes I get bored sometimes and want some excitement). I will have problems with driver conflicts but when I use this machine as a dedicated DAW, no worries. The eq is good btw!

4 posts. All "anti-Reaper" as far as I can see. Nothing else to say... Obviously has an agenda...

An odd DAW to speak bad about. Full functionality for 1/10th of the cost of other DAWS? Hmmm. Maybe he just pissed because he doesn't know how to make it work for him...

It seems my troubles ended with the complete cleaning of the hardware from dust and all... it appears it had been quite a long time since I last did this

great fix..
the "old dust and heat" shutdown.
The CPU-fan thing started around 1990-94ish, CPU shutdown due to heat... it was a huge issue when the first Pentium hit 1.2million transistors. that was the fix, fans and heatsinks.

Another thing that's good maintenance, is when cleaning the dust...is to pop the fan off the CPU and re-apply some new heatsink lube/grease because the old stuff will breakdown too over the years.

Back