Another Dumb Question From Me - Notes In Reaper?

Mickster

OK...pardon the question....but.....is there any way to make notes in Reaper? You know....like the old track sheets we used to use? (I last used them with my DP-24) I guess you could tell me to keep making track sheets but since most settings and effects used on tracks in Reaper are saved......there's pretty much no need for track notes IMO. However......from time to time I like to note mic used....mic position....guitar used.....amp used.....etc...etc. So...is there any way to jot down notes in a song / project file in Reaper? I've been keeping a sort of notebook of sorts......but it's getting filled and is a pain.

Mick

Right Click the track.. Item Settings/ Item Notes in the drop-down. Once you hit OKAY, you will see a Green Marker in the top left corner of the Track Lane.

Last edited:
Right Click the track.. Item Settings/ Item Notes in the drop-down. Once you hit OKAY, you will see a Green Marker in the top left corner of the Track Lane.

I was confused here at first, you need to right click the "Item" in the Track, not the Track itself... which brings up a Item Notes like:

Or Insert/empty item, double click on it and start typing

This does. Thanks for this, I never knew this existed. I personally use the Project Notes or the SWS S&M Extention for Track Notes which I have Always On my Second Screen.

Wow....I’m always amazed at what I don’t know.........and how much you guys do know. This info will save me a lot of aggravation. Thanks!!

Back