as always, latency...

alfordtp

Like most people, I find that latency is a neverending battle.

Here is my setup: I am running vocals and guitar (sometimes together, sometimes independent) through a mixing board. Then out of the mixing board into guitarport. Then guitarport through usb into the computer. I do it this way because my line-in is giving me too much extra noise. Using ASIO4ALL, I can get the guitarport to come through pretty well into the computer. I have 2.5GB of Ram with a Pentium 3.0GHz processor.

I can get a single track recorded, but when I go to lay down another track, I get latency problems while trying to monitor the first track.

Which settings do I mess with first to help with this issue? Is there any way to route the inputs and outputs to get around this? Any help would be nice to this newbie.

Like most people, I find that latency is a neverending battle.

Here is my setup: I am running vocals and guitar (sometimes together, sometimes independent) through a mixing board. Then out of the mixing board into guitarport. Then guitarport through usb into the computer. I do it this way because my line-in is giving me too much extra noise. Using ASIO4ALL, I can get the guitarport to come through pretty well into the computer. I have 2.5GB of Ram with a Pentium 3.0GHz processor.

I can get a single track recorded, but when I go to lay down another track, I get latency problems while trying to monitor the first track.

Which settings do I mess with first to help with this issue? Is there any way to route the inputs and outputs to get around this? Any help would be nice to this newbie.

are you monitoring your input from your interface or Reaper?

Edit:
do you mean when you play the first track back thru your monitors the play line is not lined up with the perspective audio you are hearing?

i wanna help, but i'm not totally sure what is going on...you computer seams to be fine..and you should be able to monitor thru your usb interface latency free. ...what is your buffer set at (ie. 256, 512 )

Last edited:
Back