yet another "What is going on?" question

stuntmixer

Allright, I've been using CEP for years now. I was very exited when 2.0 came along (especially after being a beta-tester) and while I still do most of my work on 1.2a I am getting used to 2 and growing into it.

Now comes along Adobe. The program looks the same with a new name. My question is: I can't figure out how to do the "complimentary" upgrade to 2.1 (or Audition 1.2). It appears to me from the site that I have to pay them $20 to download the new name.

What's up with all this? I'm sorry I'm late to the party but I've been busy working happily away on CEP 1.2a and missed it all. Do I need to give Adobe money and switch over? Is it worth it. I like having tech support available even if I don't use it....

I don't do video. Where is the complimentary upgrade? Where can I find the CEP 2.1 upgrade?

Anyway, thanks for indulging my rant...

Hello CE folks,

I'm not feeling very good about all the corporate stuff going on with Adobe. I've got 2.0 so I'm happy with that and getting good work done but I'm not hopeful about the transition. Maybe they will get up to speed and maybe they won't. While it is logical for their company to grow in the "media" area, I hope the aquisition of Syntrillium wasn't a corporate afterthought.

I do think that this forum here at homerecording has suddenly become much more important for me. I haven't been to the CE forum since the announcement. Maybe someone could fill me in on what's goin on there?

Enough on that.....I have an unrelated question.

I've seen some posts somewhere about prefering and being able to record at 24bit instead of 32. I'm confused....(normal condition)...Is there an advantage recording at 24 instead of 32? I'm recording at 48000 Kps and I have a 24bit card but just assumed the transition to 32bit in CE was the way to go.

Could someone endeavor to enlighten me?

Thanks,
Rusty K

Rusty K said:

I've seen some posts somewhere about prefering and being able to record at 24bit instead of 32. I'm confused....(normal condition)...Is there an advantage recording at 24 instead of 32?
When you select "32bit" in any software, you're actually recording "24bit"... I mean, there's no such thing as 32bit audio...there's 32 bit data, I guess, lol.

Quick Answer is set every freaking button in this software to 32 bit, and you'll be recording 24bit audio. Anybody who "prefers" recording in 24 bit as opposed to 32 bit obviously has the ability to "hear" math, and therefore has superpowers that I can't rival with my rudimentary and hopelessly outdated analog ears, so maybe you should listen to them.

Hey it's you again!

I like your little epitaph with you avitar....I know where you are coming from.

It's too bad that you can't be pidgeon holed.....It must make an artists life so much easier.

Revell in your diversity! Turn it into an asset. Hell it is an asset!

Well I thought this might be a stupid question in the first place but it's amazing how one can be taken off on a tangent by a simple post. There is just so much about digital audio that I need to know.

Rusty K

Back