Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: when track one records onto track two

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    4,000 - God, I wonder how many I have in the Cave, lol...

Thanks

Question Tascam 428/Cubase SX....track duplication

Quote Originally Posted by dobro
    Does this sound like you?

"I recorded track one (music) in the multi-track. Then when I tried to record track two as a separate vocal track, I found that it also recorded the music with it at the same time. This keeps happening!! What can I do?"

Well, you're not alone. If you're using a standard windows soundcard (essentially, ANY Soundblaster, SBLive or compatible, Crystal Audio, ESS, Soundmax, or even some other cards from Turtle Beach) the remedy is changing the input/output settings in your Windows Mixer. Here's how...

In any version of Windows that you have:
    - Dbl-click on the yellow (or grey) speaker icon located on the lower right
    hand corner of your screen.
    - Select Options, Properties.
    - In the "Adjust Volume for" area, select Recording.
    - This will show you all the devices you can record from, in the
    "Show the following volume controls" window.
    - Make sure all the devices have a check mark in them.
    - Click on OK.
    - At the bottom of each recording device, there is a check box
    with "Select" to the right of it. Use this to select the recording
    device that you want. (if you're recording from Line In, choose LINE. If you're recording from Mic In, choose MIC, etc)
    - Make sure the recording Volume is at least half way up.
    - Minimize the "Recording Control" window.
    - You are ready to record.

Now, if you still have bleed, it's possible that you've either selected something like 'WAVE' for your input device, or perhaps 'Mixed Output' or 'What You Hear'. The latter settings essentially lump ALL audio fed through the soundcard into Adobe Audition. The 'Wave' setting will do exactly what is described above - cause the playback track to be recorded with the overdub track.

If you're using a more pro-level card, chances are it has it's own mixer panel (and thus, is not controlled by the Windows Mixer).

Some cards that have their own mixers: Midiman/M-Audio (Delta series, Audiophile, etc), Echo (Layla, Mona, Gina, etc), Aardvark, Lynx, Frontier Designs, MOTU (828, 2408, etc)...
    Tracks bleeding over....only it is a Tascam 428/CubaseSX...any suggestions??Did I post this in the right place?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by true-eurt
    Tracks bleeding over....only it is a Tascam 428/CubaseSX...any suggestions??Did I post this in the right place?
    SORRY...WRONG FORUM..

Thanks
    OK, new here. This thread was thought to be about the Mackie Onyx w/firewire card - in some way. Trust me, it is not.

But this looks like a nice forum, I'll be back.

Thanks
    I was just gonna come here and post this problem...ive only been using audition to make beats and havent had to record on more then one track so i just now encountered that little gem... thanks for the solution.

Thanks

same problem with tracks bleeding

Wow I have looked all over for an answer to this. Thanks can't wait to try it.PFS (pan flute studioz)

Thanks
    This solution didn't work for me...I'm using Cool Edit 2.1...

Thanks

Lightbulb track bleeding issue...

Thank God!!! This problem has pissed me off for 2 years. And just by changing my wave device from 'wave mapper' to VIA AC'97 Audio' whatever that is, everything worked perfect! I changed it to that in Windows Vol. Properties, and in Device Properties in Cool edit pro 2.0. Now, completely silent background on the second track while recording. Simple as that. Thanks soooo much dude, You are the MAN!

Thanks
    Check your souncard specs. If it isn't multi-duplexing, I think your out of luck.

Thanks
    How did you live with that for 2 YEARS!!! Anyway... If you are using Cool Edit/Audition tp record you have to specify the recording input AND output on every track. When you open a session they are set to a default. If the default isn't your setup then your out of luck... OR are you. just kidding. Go to the Options menu and then to Device properties. This is where you can select your wave out, Wave In midi etc. Make sure the input is the right one for your sound card. Then like everyone else has said make sure in whatever recording mixer you use (Options>Windows Recording Mixer...) that the SAME input is selected to record. And unless you are using a "What U Hear" like setting you should get "0" (Zero) bleed.

And DON'T track with speakers in the room. Why would you make such a headache for yourself and make it nescessary to degrade your audio just to get what you would have had in the first place if you would have made the artist wear some cans. If he doesn't like them tell him to just deal with it, that's just how you gotta do it.

Thread Information