Vocal Issue...CEP

clearday75

I feel almost embarrassed by my previous post now, having spent countless hours on Cool Edit Pro 2.0 this week. I am having another issue that I have not been able to solve. I am recording vocals to a backing track. Upon playback, my vocals have tin like vibration sounds, as if they were recorded at too high a level, but I never let my vocal decibel levels go to 0, and I have adjusted the volume levels too many times to count. I am using an Audio-Technica 2020 USB Condenser Mic without any add-ons. I am wondering if I need a pop-filter and / or a foam microphone cover. Am I possibly missing something else? My soundcard is a SoundMax Digital Audio. Do I need a better soundcard? My computer speakers are the basic Logitech $30 speakers. I would have thought the speakers might be the issue, but when I play any other mp3's through the speakers, the sound is normal. I am new to recording, so any help would be greatly appreciated, as I don't want to buy unneccessary items. Thanks, and I hope someone can help me.

Back