vocal cut

dave m

I did a vocal cut in a song I recorded from a CD. It seems to work alright but I can't get the background vocals out. Does anyone know how to do that.
dave

If they are on the track in the first place, then no. It just can't be done. You might be able to make quieter by EQing them properly, but they will still be there...
MIKE

You can get the lead out? I have heard of pluggins, like Analog X Vocal Remover, but they work marginally at best. They work for Kereoke but not for actual recording, if you know something I don't, please fill me in...
MIKE

Yes I can get the lead out. It may be there very faintly or not at all.
Go to: Transform/amplitude/channel mix
then double click on the right where it says vocal cut. I believe the file must be recorded in stereo. Let me know how it works for you.
dave

Cool feature you figured out on CEP. Im new to this software.....how did you record your cd onto tracks on CEP???? Did you use your computer CD-rom...or did you use an external CD player....also do you know how to cut things like a guitar out of the mix???? If you find out let me know........

Heat

I think that the vocal cut is possible becasuse of where the lead vocals are placed in the stereo feild. Im not to clear on the specifics.. but If you imagine the lead vox in the middle 10 % of a feild, if you mix out to the outer 90% only.. bye bye vox. Thats why the backing vocals stick around, and its almost impossible to lose guitars.

xoxo
cameron

Back