Is there a way to send each signal from a mixer to a seperate track instead all in 1

word_play

is there a way to send each track from a mixer to a different track in CEP 2 instead of sending it to one track as one mixdown? do i need a special soundcard?

thanks

All you need is a soundcard with multiple outputs. CEP will recognize them all and allow you to assign them to any track on the multitrack screen. This is the way to go for me.

i.e. I have two Echo Layla cards. One has ten analogue outs and a spdif stereo out. The other has 8 analogue outs a spdif. With two external converters I have 22 total outputs (11 stereo) that I bring into a Ghost soundboard.

This allows for both internal processing and mixing as well as hardware.

There are many affordable options out there for you.

Me, too......

This intrigues me, too.....

A few months ago I got a Layla 24 with this very idea in mind -- sending more than just stereo or mono inputs to CEP while recording (submixes, effect only channels, etc.). Finally, I've gotten around to a project where I'm doing just that -- using inputs 3 & 4 as well as 1 & 2 at the same time. I check my Layla mixer panel and yes, it shows the inputs of 3&4 coming in, and I can HEAR it in the headphones, but I'll be damned if I can get CEP to record anything but 1&2!! I arm the tracks with 3left or right, etc. just as you would with 1&2, but no wave form appears-- 1&2 continue to work as usual. I'm assuming I just haven't selected this or that within CEP, as my soundcard seems to be working (hearing it in the headphones).

Any thoughts??

BTW, sorry to hijack this thread, but I'm dyin' to get to the bottom of this....

In Cool Edit, click on Options>Device Properties. Have you got everything selected from your soundcard that you need?

Kona,

I sent you an e-mail, hope it helps. It sounds like an assignment issue within CEP. Check to make sure everything matches up.

As I'm sure you've figured out, CEP thinks of the inputs from the Layla in stereo pairs. i.e. inputs 1&2 are "recording device 1, left and right" in CEP.

Therefor Layla inputs 3&4 are actually "recording device 2, left and right." You'll get used to it.

If that is all straight and you are seeing input on the Layla mixer, you shopuld be good to go................

Back