Studio Quality

alexninh

Hello :) I'm new to HomeRecording.com and I was wondering if anybody can help me out? I'm wondering on how to edit vocals to make them sound studio quality on Adobe Audition 3. I am using a Samson CO1U Condenser Microphone. If someone can pleas list down all the steps to get studio quality vocals on Adobe Audition 3, it would be a great help and greatly appreciated :)

God Bless

Alex

You again?
How can you end your post here with God bless while in the noob forum your calling people lil bitches? :confused:
And telling them to f*ck off ...calling them fagots... the list is growing here.

:cool:

Last edited:
5db boost at 20hz, wide Q
20db boost at 10khz, narrow Q
6db cut at 11khz, narrow Q
30db boost at 19khz, narrow Q
roll off all the highs above 13khz
Gain - 7
Volume -4.2dbVU
Reverb - room size 90ftx2ft, preverb at mid (about 4.9467) post gain at max.
Compressor - Fast attack (about 7), low threshhold (24.639), post gain at max.
Limiter - Max
Stepfilter - quarter notes hi freq, rest scooped, post gain at min
Widener - 27 feet, post gain =((27feet*average RMS)/(base pan*peak RMS)
Chorus - minimalist...rate 1, resonance 5, post gain -67

This should basically give you the studio vocal sound you're looking for. In fact, this is the goto 'magic' setting for any track. Make sure to do this to all tracks in your mix, and then the master bus, as well as any group or FX tracks you're using, otherwise it will severely bork your vocals. It will also help to add that extra bit of polish if you duplicate each track and reverse the phase on the copy. If it doesn't sound right, it's probably because you miscalculated the post gain on the widener. You may have to adjust your calculation depending on your listening volume. To help you with this, check out some info on nyquist theory.

Once you've done all of this, mix it down, put the finished tune back into your DAW as one audio event, and apply a normalizer set a 4. Don't set it at anything else. All normalizers should be set to 4.

Hope this helps.

5db boost at 20hz, wide Q
20db boost at 10khz, narrow Q
6db cut at 11khz, narrow Q
30db boost at 19khz, narrow Q
roll off all the highs above 13khz
Gain - 7
Volume -4.2dbVU
Reverb - room size 90ftx2ft, preverb at mid (about 4.9467) post gain at max.
Compressor - Fast attack (about 7), low threshhold (24.639), post gain at max.
Limiter - Max
Stepfilter - quarter notes hi freq, rest scooped, post gain at min
Widener - 27 feet, post gain =((27feet*average RMS)/(base pan*peak RMS)
Chorus - minimalist...rate 1, resonance 5, post gain -67

This should basically give you the studio vocal sound you're looking for. In fact, this is the goto 'magic' setting for any track. Make sure to do this to all tracks in your mix, and then the master bus, as well as any group or FX tracks you're using, otherwise it will severely bork your vocals. It will also help to add that extra bit of polish if you duplicate each track and reverse the phase on the copy. If it doesn't sound right, it's probably because you miscalculated the post gain on the widener. You may have to adjust your calculation depending on your listening volume. To help you with this, check out some info on nyquist theory.

Once you've done all of this, mix it down, put the finished tune back into your DAW as one audio event, and apply a normalizer set a 4. Don't set it at anything else. All normalizers should be set to 4.

Hope this helps.
when you say all tracks do you mean instrument tracks too or all vocal tracks?

when you say all tracks do you mean instrument tracks too or all vocal tracks?

You want to make sure and do it to both instrument and vocal tracks. If possible, also send those to busses and apply all the effects to each bus group as well.

Then to finish it off, apply the same effects to the master track.

Back