Strange Glitch in Cool Edit Pro?

ruined

reaper addict
For some reason, every once in a great while, right after i record a track, i click on it while it is still armed and instead of my waveform showing up in the track, it changes into a flat line with some squares that look like anchor points (that you can't move). Undo does nothing to help me. If I switch to waveform view, it will play my audio just fine. I'm using Cool Edit Pro V2.0 and the problem is not isolated just to my system, it happens on the computer in the "studio" :rolleyes: as well as at home. I've posted a link to a picture of what the weirdness looks like.
http://www.thesaucepolicy.com/images/everythingelse/cooleditproweird.gif
Any ideas?

If I had to guess (this has happened to me for) for some reason Cool Edit zoomed really close in. Look around the playback controls at the bottom and there will be buttons to zoom in, out, up, down, fit the whole thing in one window, etc.

Note how your line is going up near the end, that is probably the beginning of your track...just really zoomed in close.

but if you notice the green bar just above the wave. It is stretched all the way across the screen...If it were zoomed in...the green bar would be a little teeny tiny short green bar...

Back