Stereo bussing in CEP2.0?

BrettB

Hi all,

this weekend I am going to record drums on CEP 2.0. I will have 7 tracks, and I figured out how I could bus them in CEP 2.0, but the problem is: it is a mono bus...

Is there a way in CEP to create a stereo bus or is it possible to send one track to 2 busses (which I could pan left-right)?

Is there a way in CEP to create a stereo bus or is it possible to send one track to 2 busses (which I could pan left-right)?

The busses in CEP are stereo. There is only one fader but it has a pan control above it.

Tukkis

that makes it still a mono buss. I can pan that bus left right, but I want to be able to link to busses together, both panned, to which I can send my signals in order to create a stereo image.

F.e.: I have 3 backing vocal traks: one panned slightly left, an other one slightly right and the third one in the middle. If you pan them to the same buss they lose their panning.

I have 3 backing vocal traks: one panned slightly left, an other one slightly right and the third one in the middle. If you pan them to the same buss they lose their panning.

They shouldn't. I just tried panning guitar 1 left and guitar 2 right and bussed them together. The stereo imaging is still there.

but I want to be able to link to busses together

You can't do that which is a bummer.

Tukkis

Tukkis said:
They shouldn't. I just tried panning guitar 1 left and guitar 2 right and bussed them together. The stereo imaging is still there.

mmm.. strange.. I'll try it again later,

thx for the info

I think the bus sends are on a seperate tab from the main volumes and pans. If I remember right, you've got 3 tabs near the upper left of the multitrack view. Volume, FX, and BUS... I'm not at my DAW right now so I'm going from memory.., so maybe someone else can confirm this..

I think the bus sends are on a seperate tab from the main volumes and pans. If I remember right, you've got 3 tabs near the upper left of the multitrack view. Volume, FX, and BUS... I'm not at my DAW right now so I'm going from memory.., so maybe someone else can confirm this..

Yeh thats right.

This is how I do it.

First set up the panning in the multitrack view for each track.
Second, open the mixer view window and click on the bus mixer tab.
Third, create a new bus.
Fourth, set the outputs of the tracks I want to buss to the newly created buss.
Fifth, adjust the level of the buss in the buss mixer section.

Tukkis

tukkis, you were right: he keeps the stereo image.

I could have sworn it diodn't last time. Or maybe I'm justing starting to get overworked:)

cu

Back