sound card - won't playback :(

open1kanopy

hi - this may seem like a simple question, but i cant figure it out. i just had to upgrade the software for my soundcard, and now it wont playback in cool edit. it works ok for cakewalk, everything else, and it records in cool edit, just doenst playback. is there a place in cool edit where you have to tell it where to send the playback to that i don't know about? everything i've found that tells it where to send the playback seems to be right - - -

if anyone can help me it would be a great help.

Options>Device Properties>Wave In and Wave Out.

Choose the soundcard channel you want for Wave In, and for Wave Out.

I'm using an old version of cool edit 2 pro, not the audition/adobe one. I find this problem odd because everything else works as it used to, even recording in cool edit, its only playback that doesnt work. and i also have a very old version of cool edit 2, not pro, where I have the same problem.

ozpeter said:
If you are trying to use an ASIO driver, Cool Edit / Audition doesn't work with it.
I've seen you say this a few times but, I have an ASIO soundcard (Echo Mia MIDI) and I have no issues with playback from Audition...?

Why is that?

I have ESI Quatafire 610 with Audition and I don't have any playback problem. You have to order your playback devices and enable use in "edit mode".

I have ESI Quatafire 610 with Cool Edit Pro 2.0 and I only manage to playback on 1/2 channels. However I am unable to choose what channel must be used for playback. Does anybody have the same problem?

Back