SMPTE

DaveX

These are the phone tones, right? I use those a lot, actually. I have whole songs created from those. Granted, this is a lot easier to do within the unlimited bounds of experimental music than say, country-western, but they can be helpful. I mainly use them to make horn sounds and drum beats. I'm keeping the horn thing a secret, but I will show you how to do interesting rhythm patterns...

All you have to do is go to where it says to cut at certain fequencies... it's under one of the edit sort of commands, the same column that reverb, flange, etc are... anyway, set it to cut out those things. Apply this to a set of phone tones, preferably after you have altered their frequencies... you can do this under custom in the SMPTE dialog box thing. I like a mix of very low numbers, and very high. Mix it up. Anyway, the thing that cuts out certain noises ends up creating a rhythmic pattern for you, providing you have already entered a fairly rhythmic string of numbers, like 223224223224... you get it? Give me a day or so, and I'll post a couple of mp3s for you to dig on, and you can see what I mean. Also! Go back in the CEP forum... see the post "subliminals" respond to that, it's mine.

DaveX

Okay. That was DUMB! I got DTMF and SMPTE confused. Oh well. It's all alphabetical, my mistake. Sorry!

Of course, you could spell out SMPTE with the tones on a phone. 1-555-NO-SMPTE

DaveX

Back