Settings

Whyte Ice

The Next Vanilla Ice
I am using Cool Edit Pro 1.2 . I wanna remove hiss from alot of old recordings, etc. and I need to know some good settings like FFT size, Noise floor adjust, how many dB's to remove hiss by, spectrel decal rate, etc. Can anyone help me out? Or does anyone know a site where they have various settings for different Cool Edit Pro 1.2 .

You guys on the board have helped me alot in the past couple months and I appreciate it and I will continue to.

foget that stuff! I always just find a silent part... well one that is JUST hiss and no music... and sample it all from there.

it works good.

xoox

camn is correct, use a silent part of a passage (just hiss, no music) and use the Transform/Noise Reduction/Noise Reduction feature. Set your FFT to 8096 and samples to 600 from 300 for more detail, then tell it to get the profile from your sample. Click close, hit CTRL-A (select all) then start again at the Transform/.... but this time the profile should still be showing for the passage you had previously used. Then tell it to go to town. You may want to preview it first of course.

This is the typical way it is done.

Back