Removal of CoolEdit & Audition 1.0

RichC123

Hey folks

I started w/ Cool Edit 2000, upgraded to Audiotion 1.0 and finally Aud 1.5. Can I remove the previous version (Aud 1.0) and Cool Edit 2000? I would love to get some hardrive realestate back

Thanks!

Rich

Yes, but make sure you have EVERYTHING necessary offline (eg on a CDR) to restore these applications IF you need them to go from upgrade to upgrade, should you ever need to reinstall the final version.

Yes, but make sure you have EVERYTHING necessary to restore these applications IF you need them to go from upgrade to upgrade, should you ever need to reinstall the final version.

I agree with the above poster. I had the downloaded version of CoolEdit Pro 2.1 and then 'upgraded' to Audition 1.0. My hard disk crashed and although I have both my original registration keys, I can't install Audition 1.0 again because its checking for CoolEdit first (and I can't find my offline download executable).

I wanted to upgrade to Audition 1.5 anyway, and Adobe have assured me that I won't have the same problem providing I still have my keys!!!!

It's been a bit of a nightmare (and I'm waiting for my upgrade now so its not over yet), but if you want to remove CoolEdit - make sure you could restore it if needed!

Adobe's customer support sucks as well! :(

Back