recording vocals

If you assign the mic you're singing into to a particular track in Cool Edit, then only the vocal will go to that track.

Can you clarify what you're doing and what you're trying to do a bit?

Make sure on your sound card mixer, you have the input set to "line in" or "aux". So that just the line in is getting recorded, not everything you can hear. I had the same problem. Hope this helps...

I have been putting together drum tracks with various samples(via keyboard).Once I lay out all my tracks I try to lay vocals(singing, rapping, adlibs).My mic is coming thru my samson mixpad9 mixingboard.

Okay, so you record some drums tracks. Then, listening to the prerecorded tracks through headphones, you mic your vocals, recording them to one new track in the same session in Cool Edit. Is that right?

ill bet this is a mixer deal, not a cep deal.

how is your mic routed? Is it going into ch 1 and then the Main outs are going into your computer? Ill bet it is. If you have an AUX SEND or something, you need to route it through that, and route your Computer's signal through the mains into your headphones. Or vice versa. whatever you do, you need to NOT route your computers signal through ALL the same things your mic is going through.

does that make sense?

Then again, your soundcard could be a cheap peice of crap thats only half duplex. I bet thats it...

xoxo

You find out. :) I know mine's full duplex because the manual and the website description say so. I don't know whether Windows can tell you by clicking on something - I doubt it, but what do I know? What's your soundcard?

Back