Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Purchasing Cool Edit Pro?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Purchasing Cool Edit Pro?

    Sign in to disable this ad
    How do I go about purchasing Cool Edit Pro for Windows 10, 64 Bit?

    I am in Australia!

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Sorry, I forgot to click the ' Instant Reply ' email notification check-box!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Age
    43
    Posts
    3,661
    Thanks
    117
    Thanked 275 Times in 253 Posts
    Rep Power
    7968219
    Cool Edit Pro hasn't been a thing since 2003. It's now called Adobe Audition, and it's changed quite a bit from the Cool Edit Pro days. Looks like they've gone to a subscription service now, so you have to pay for it. $15 per month seems silly for such a basic program.

    I'd suggest giving Reaper a try...the fully functional demo is free to try and never expires. $60 for a proper license that'll carry you through 2 full versions (2-4 years, I'd say).

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadpui View Post
    Cool Edit Pro hasn't been a thing since 2003. It's now called Adobe Audition, and it's changed quite a bit from the Cool Edit Pro days. Looks like they've gone to a subscription service now, so you have to pay for it. $15 per month seems silly for such a basic program.

    I'd suggest giving Reaper a try...the fully functional demo is free to try and never expires. $60 for a proper license that'll carry you through 2 full versions (2-4 years, I'd say).
    Thanks very much for that!

    When you say Reaper " never expires " what does that actually mean?

    Can you keep using it fully functional and keep saving the edited files?

    $60 is reasonable also so that might be the way to go!

    I also heard about ' Audacity ', are you familiar with it, how does it compare to Reaper?

    The Adobe Audition seems quite expensive I discovered?

    Thanks again

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina, USA
    Age
    60
    Posts
    541
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 83 Times in 75 Posts
    Rep Power
    1923603
    Audacity can't do MIDI.

    Reaper is a fully-fledged DAW program. The free trial is uncrippled-- it's the same as the licensed program-- and the trial never stops working, it just displays a "nag screen" on startup notifying you that it isn't free, and prompting you for a license code (but you can continue using it without one). The license is very affordable.
    Michael Rideout - Yamaha YPT-400/PSR-E433/PSR-E443/PSR-EW400/MX49BK; M-Audio Axiom 61-II
    Acoustica Mixcraft; PreSonus Studio One; Steinberg Cubase; etc.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaGtGruff View Post
    Audacity can't do MIDI.

    Reaper is a fully-fledged DAW program. The free trial is uncrippled-- it's the same as the licensed program-- and the trial never stops working, it just displays a "nag screen" on startup notifying you that it isn't free, and prompting you for a license code (but you can continue using it without one). The license is very affordable.
    Again my sincere thanks!

    I have CUBASE & Sibelius for MIDI but I might take a quick look at Reaper!

    Many thanks again to all!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    14,405
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 610 Times in 557 Posts
    Rep Power
    21474864
    If you already have Cubase, why search for something else?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili View Post
    If you already have Cubase, why search for something else?
    Basically just seeing what else is out there!

    Thanks to all!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Age
    67
    Posts
    6,493
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 226 Times in 196 Posts
    Rep Power
    21474856
    Although I concur that Reaper is the way to go, a couple of points...

    Although you can use it forever if you put up with a nag screen, Reaper is NOT free and the only "right" thing to do is to pay if you continue to use it. At $60US, it's amazing value for money.

    I'm sorry to say that Audition is actually $20 on subscription...but I take issue with the "such a simple programme" comments. It's evolved in leaps and bounds since the Cool Edit days and, as an audio editor, it's probably the best in the world. It's full of features I use all the time in sound design. All it doesn't do is MIDI (since it's designed for audio editing, not music creation). The other thing I'd say is that, if you have need of things like Photoshop or video editing, the price for the entire Creative Cloud package is much more competitive than for a single app like Audition.
    That's what I do. I drink and I know things.
    -Tyrion Lannister (and Bobbsy)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Thanks to all for their helpful comments etc.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. First Edit of Audio CD in Cool Edit Pro 2.0
    By Leonsky in forum Cool Edit Pro / Adobe Audition Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-25-2009, 00:57
  2. Cool Edit Pro vs. Cool Edit 2000
    By Chammy in forum Sony Tools / Sonic Foundry
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-30-2003, 09:00
  3. Cool Edit 2000 vs. Cool Edit Pro
    By samich17 in forum Cool Edit Pro / Adobe Audition Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-21-2002, 07:17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •