problems installing cool edit,,, from demo version.

Fetusborg

hi hello :)

ok, i've got the demo version 21 day free trial. i've 6 days and i want to finally install the working version. i've got my serial number and name all set.

so i enter the cep2reg.exe application, and place name and serial number. all ok... but when it is actually installing, the program seems to crash. i leave it be for about 5 minutes... and it runs through the crash and everything seems fine. a message appears saying cooledit pro 2 has been installed, and i need to run it once to make it work properly. ok.

then i try and run it and they say it cannot find the cooleditpro2.exe application. and it all shuts down. weird.

it could be because of this: when i installed the demo version... the same crashing problem occured. it installs up till 85% or 90%... then evertying seems to crash. i end program (i use windows)... and then open up the directory where it is supposedly saved... and there it is. with all the plugins and files it uses in file format for me to see... and in there is the coolpro.exe file. i doulbe click, and my demo version opens and works normally.

anyone know what could be my problem?
i imagine that in the last 10% that DOESNT get installed is where my problem lies. as when i go to officially register the thing... it doesnt work.

aright guys, thanks for any help

im getting worried,cause i only have 7 days left you see

Burn all your Cool Edit files to CD.. Reg file..... etc..... just for backup.

Then uninstall cool edit completely and start over fresh.

good idea.
but i got the cd from a friend overseas...
with the name and serial number.

will me just burning it onto another cd keep it from blocking me out forever after the 6 days i have left?

also...
i already tried uninstalling everything, and starting over.
i thought it would work, but the same problem occured.

This is weird. If you've got a valid CD and a valid registration number, then it should install. But you say that it crashes in the middle of installation, so that means the CD is recognizing the registration number. It sounds like the CD's corrupt or something. This is a little unorthodox, but try installing it on a friend's computer (you can uninstall it later if you're bothered about the morality of the situation). If it installs on a friend's computer, the problem's your computer. If you have the same problem on a friend's computer, the problem's the CD.

good idea again.
i'll try that. urgently. time is ticking ddooooown.

if you could... how does that work,,, that they block me from ever using it again on my computer?

and if i install it in my friends computer... (all PC by the way)... that wouldnt keep me from installing on mine again right?

and also... if i burn it all onto ANOTHER cd... can i keep using that forever? the 21 day trials and such?
just every 20 days burn a new cd and unintall and install?

ok thanks bro

I GOT IT!!

WORKED OUT. I JUST LET THE BITCH LOAD LOAD LOAD LOAD.
I KEPT UP FAITH.
I DIDNT LET DOWN.

WHEN ALL SEEMED LOST... I KEPT TO IT AND DIDNT "END PROGRAM".

and here i am

ok thanks for the help
lets eat some lasagna

Back