Plz Help This is Driving Me Mad. Cool Edit Upping Vocal

djsleeps

Can anyone help me this is driving me mad, Im new to Cool Editpro 2.0 and Im trying to mix A Panned Track ( Vocal On Left Music On Right) I have the Vocal selection in my edit Window. My promblem is there is a part where the Vocal drops to low and and music will over ride it, and Ive highlighted this part of Vocal but can find no way to make this JUST this part louder, can anyone help me with this.
And is there any settings so I Know the vocal will NOT overide the Instruments and Vica Versa.
If it would make things easier these are Dubplates and thet all come this way.

just read the cool help. its very extensive.
just hilite the part of the vocal that is low , and using cools menus
you will find an ability to boost volume on a part . really easy.
peace. NOTE...with the mouse you must place it over the particular channel so as not to hilite both. just read about individual track editing in the help that came with cool.

"My promblem is there is a part where the Vocal drops to low and and music will over ride it, and Ive highlighted this part of Vocal but can find no way to make this JUST this part louder"

I think you need to create a volume envelope for the whole vocal track in Multitrack, and set its overall level lower than max - maybe set it at -5 dB. Then zoom in on the quiet section in the vocal, and increase the volume just for that section. If you've set the overall volume envelope for -5 dB, that'll give you 5 dBs of boost you can apply to the quiet section. You probably won't need that much, but you can tweak it to taste.

Assuming the vocals are on the right-hand track, go in to the waveform edit view and select the part of the right-hand waveform you want to increase the volume of. It should look like the picture below when you've done this. Then, under the 'Amplitude' menu, select amplify, and increase the volume by however many decibels you want until it's the right volume. Hope the pictures below help more, I'm not too good at explaining things. You'll have to click the links as I can't work out how to embed images into the post.

1. Select whichever part of the waveform you want to amplify, making sure you only select the left/right track (whicever the vocal is in).

cep1.gif

2. Find the amplitude section on the effects menu, and double click on it. Then click on the first option underneath it, 'Amplify'.

cep2.gif

3. Choose how many decibels you want to amplify the signal by (you can do this as many times as you like to get the right volume, use minus numbers of the undo menu to reduce the volume if you make it too loud.

cep3.gif

4. Hey presto.

cep4.gif

There are other ways of doing it but that's probably the simplest. Perhaps.

I would recommend using the technique Dobro described. Using volume envelopes is non-destructive to the wav file so you don't run the risk of permenantly altering it for the worse.

Back