Plug-in HELP!

Ibrow

Hey,

I use CE2K, not CEP, but they should be about the same, right? Anyway, I d/l a plug-in from analogX that is a voice remover. I don't know what to really do next. Do I install it? Obviously, but where? Also, where will I find the plug-in in CE2K?

Thanks from a guy with a very dumb question.:D

Ibrow

I'm not on my CEP computer, but I think if you go to the root directory of your hard drive, you'll find either "CoolEdit," "Syntrillium," or "CEP" as a directory. Otherwise, you'll find it in "Programs."

Anyway, inside that directory you'll find a directory called "Plugin" or "Plug-Ins" or something like that. Put your UNZIPPED plugin (many come zipped or rar'ed) there and you should find it in your "DirectX" option in the transform menu pull-down. If it isn't, then choose "Refresh DirectX plugins" (something like that) and see if it shows up then.

I think this is right (he general gist is, at least). If it's not, chalk it up to me doing more Photoshop than CEP lately. But I'm sure there's a directory called "Plugin" or something like that within CEP's directory.

Dig it.

plug-ins

it totally depends on the type of plug-in. if the one you downloaded is or has an .exe file in it, it needs to be installed. unzip all the files into any folder you like (i normally put one on the desktop for this. then, go into the folder and look for the .exe file (it may be called 'setup' or something, and double click it. you will then go through the setup process. it will come to a point where it will ask you where you would like it installed, the 'plugins folder in the cool edit directory is an obvious choice. once complete, reboot, and then run cool edit. open a .wav file or something and take it into edit view. go to the transform menu and directx....choose 'refresh this list' once done, the plug-in should appear in your directx menu. On the other hand...some plug-ins are designed specifically for cool edit, these plugins are normally 1 file with an extension of .xfm , if this is the case, copy the file into your cool edit directory (not in plugins though!) you will see other .xfm files there, thats where you need to place it. once done, the plugin will appear in any of the standard cool edit transform menu options (like, where you would normally find 'reverb or 'echo' etc etc

hope this helps ya bud

bigzed™

Back