Please help me remove the vocal from this ...

cjacek

Analogue Enthusiast
Hello,

I have reduced the main vocal from a song using the "vocal cut" preset in cool edit but there still remains a bit of it. It's not echo or reverb that I'm hearing tho, as there is none added to the main vocal but rather another frequency that still "cuts through" the backing track. Can someone please help me isolate and cut that frequency and help me remove more of the vocal remnants. I'm talking about the main singing voice. The song can be downloaded be clicking HERE

Many thanks for your help! :)

Daniel

Short of notching using extreme EQ, that's about the best you're probably gonna get with affecting the piano and the rest of the vocals that you seem to want to keep.

You have to understand that these "vocal remover" features are based on the simple concept of removing center-channel information from a stereo mix. So vocals, bass, kick, snare tend to get affected the most since they are typically placed in the centre of the mix.

BUT - any stereo effects that are applied or even if the vocal is panned slightly off-centre, then the vocal remover will not work 100%, since any non-centre tracks/sounds will still be heard to varying degrees..

Blue Bear Sound said:
Short of notching using extreme EQ, that's about the best you're probably gonna get with affecting the piano and the rest of the vocals that you seem to want to keep.

You have to understand that these "vocal remover" features are based on the simple concept of removing center-channel information from a stereo mix. So vocals, bass, kick, snare tend to get affected the most since they are typically placed in the centre of the mix.

BUT - any stereo effects that are applied or even if the vocal is panned slightly off-centre, then the vocal remover will not work 100%, since any non-centre tracks/sounds will still be heard to varying degrees..

Thanks!

Daniel

Also realize the multiple instruments can use the same frequencies. A guitar can have some of the same frequencies as lead vocals, stacking them togeter. Even if you do find a way to remove all the main frequencies of the lead vocals, other stuff will be affecty by it, simply because things overlap frequency-wise.

cjacek said:
Hello,

I have reduced the main vocal from a song using the "vocal cut" preset in cool edit but there still remains a bit of it. It's not echo or reverb that I'm hearing tho, as there is none added to the main vocal but rather another frequency that still "cuts through" the backing track. Can someone please help me isolate and cut that frequency and help me remove more of the vocal remnants. I'm talking about the main singing voice. The song can be downloaded be clicking HERE

Many thanks for your help! :)

Daniel
use the 30 band graph in cool edit then reprosess the dynamics

You will never be able to completly remove vocals from and mixxed down track such as anything that has vocals in it. I have used Cooledit from day one, started out with CoolEdit 96 and I have tried that before, had no luck.

If you have a sample of the vocals by itself, you can make an analysis of it using and save it as an FFT file.

If the vocals frequencies correspond you will be able to just filter for these frequencies by loading the FFT file. Problem is that there might be other instruments in your sample that use the same frequencies you want to dismiss.
You might try afterwards to add an instrument at the same frequencies you left out (again by using an fft file).

trin to get the main vocals after so many effects

i have tried so many effects of so vocals that i can cut them out how do you cut the effect out so i can start from stratch

just trin and stratch the effects until you get the so vocals you are trin to cut after so many effects

:mad:

it very difficult understand about effects question cutting vocal rephrase please you thank.

Back