Please help another CEP newbie......

ausrock

Can I use CEP to help burn recordings to CD?

We are recording on a Fostex D160 H/disc recorder, mixing down thru our desk to two channels..........is it feasable to take the desk output, feed it into the line ins of a S/blaster AWE 64 and then thru CEP to the CD burner.

IF SO............please tell us how or is there a better software option.........as I have access to a large number of different programmes.

Thanx in advance.

If you're mixing down to two channels on the Fostex, and if the file's at 16-bit 44.1 kHz, why take it back to CEP? Why not take it straight from the Fostex to the CD burner?

The only reason I can see for taking it to CEP is if you want to mix it there, or convert it to CD-burning standard.

Dobro,

This is what I need to get a handle on.......my burner is PC based, not one of Fostex's add ons, so I have to mix however many tracks on the D160 down to two tracks thru my desk ( which, I might add is a "live" desk, NOT really recording oriented) but it works (at least until we get ourselves an 8-buss Mackie).......lol. Then into my PC S/blaster card and to my burner. I thought that I may have to use CEP or some other software to achieve this.

And we are recording at 16bit 44.1kHz and are only doing "demo" level stuff for ourselves at this stage.

Any further advice, instructions etc would be greatly appreciated.

Id use Sonic Foundrys Sound Forge with the CD Architect Plug in. It's totally killer. And exactly what you want.

xoxo

Back