playback issue with AA 1.5

bombidol

Hi. Im having a weird playback problem with Audition 1.5

Im recording on a 3ghz machine with a gig of ram and decent hard drives. But...

After i record a band and i go to playback some of the stuff sometimes if will fade into the track. doesnt happen on every channel but say for example , Guitar.

if im playing back a song with a few drum tracks and a few guitar tracks. Som of the guitar tracks will start off really low then come up to volume.
If i Mix down all the tracks to 1 wav file and play it back, the same thing happens. like its programmed in the mix. Its not programmed at all.
like i said it doesnt happen all the time. sometimes it will be fine.
I thought it might have been a volume issue with the recordings so i turned everything down to about half its initial volume but its still happening.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

gar

to make sure i am understanding correctly...lets say track 8 is a guitar track...SOMETIMES, track 8 will fade in during playback..and sometimes it plays fine...OR...track 8 fades in all the time and the others play fine?

Make sure you don't have any volume envelopes on. I don't know how familiar you are with Audition, but if you have an envelope, it will appear as a line running through the wave-image in multitrack display (make sure View/Volume Envelopes is checked). This is easy to fix, as it is only an automation process, and will require you remove the envelope or raise the line back to 100% volume.

On the other hand, you may have accidently applied (i.e. altered the actual wav file) an envelope directly to the track in edit view. What happens when you play the individual track in, say, media player, etc. Same thing? If so, you may have to re-record that part or you could apply an inverse (fade out) envelope - that wouldn't be great for the integrity of your file/track, however. Hope this helps.

thanks guys. yeah i know the volume envelope but to my knowledge its not doing anything on the tracks ill check tonight though, but im almost certain its not set to do anything. Its only one or two tracks that are fading on me. and it mightent be the same tracks all time. But if i open up one of the fading tracks in Edit View it plays perfectly.

If the .wav's play fine in edit view, then there is no problems with them...it pretty much has to be an effect applied in your multi track view. Its very odd that it does not always happen however. Just for kicks though...click on the button labeled "FX" next to a track where this is happening and make sure you dont have unwanted effects listed there.

checked it. theres nothing applied to em. There was a noisegate but even after removal its still there. Weird huh?

havent gotten around to doing this yet, But i recorded another band this weekend with exact same gear in the exact same way and there was no issue with this fade in at all. weird

sounds like there is just something up with that session. Maybe some effect thats been added that you were unaware of.

checked it. theres nothing applied to em. There was a noisegate but even after removal its still there. Weird huh?

The noisegate sounds exactly like what your describing. If you had it set to Expand instead of gate, it would only drop the volume (fade in or out) and depending on how you had the threshold set, it might only act on a certain section, which in the FX BUS would be further affected by you changing the volume I believe.
Now you said that you removed it and it was still there so I can't explain that. Perhaps you didn't totally Bypass it? This is definitely interesting.

Let us know if you figure it out.

Thats what i thought myself, the noisegate. but i only ever use it as a real time effect, i dont apply it to the .wav . so i removed all the real time effects and it was still doing it.

gar

Hmmm.. i just found a noise gate on one or two Guitar tracks. I dont remember putting them there at all. but after ive removed them. The fade in isnt happening. Could be the problem, but the fade issue doesnt happen all the time though so ill have to keep checking it out and see.

Back