Playback Issue

jim_b

Hiya,

Apologies is this has been answered before - I've had a search and checked the manual but I can't find an answer.

When I import a CD track and play it in Edit view, for some reason it's played at a higher volume than it should be, and during peaks the clip indicators light up. If I insert it into the multitrack view though, it plays back at the correct volume and doesn't clip (most commercial tracks seem to be hard-limited to -3 dbFS).

Does anyone know what's going on here?

[Edit] I've also noticed Audition stops recording in Multitrack when the end of the view is reached. Is there any way to record until I manually stop? The manual isn't being too helpful here...

Thanks for any help :)

One of the "Play" buttons is really "Play to end of Screen" and the other (an arrow in a circle, if I remember) is "Play to end of Selection" (or end of track).

Thanks - that's solved that part :)

I've still no idea why the multitrack view plays back at a lower volume that the edit view...

I've generated a test tone at 0db in Edit, and sure enough it plays back at 0dbFS on the level meter. If I insert the tone into Multitrack, it plays back at -3db. Very weird - maybe I'll ask Adobe about this.

Thanks - that's solved that part :)

I've still no idea why the multitrack view plays back at a lower volume that the edit view...

I've generated a test tone at 0db in Edit, and sure enough it plays back at 0dbFS on the level meter. If I insert the tone into Multitrack, it plays back at -3db. Very weird - maybe I'll ask Adobe about this.

This might be obvious but there is a volume control on each track in multitrack view. Possibly you have it pulled down a little.

The only other thing I can think of is that, if you have a multi-channel sound card, you can assign different ins and outs for the edit and multitrack areas. If this is the case, one could be adjusted differently.

Back