Panning (Fading)

kdoggity

I have this light intro. I want it to start quietly, 100% left, increase to full volume centered, then quiet again until it finishes 100% right. Is there an option for this, or do I have to manually pan each couple of seconds of the wav? Thanks guys!

- Kirk

There is an option for doing some automated presets for panning with volume changes. I can't think of where its in the menu while at work. Its channel mixer under effects drop down or stereo field rotate??

SoMm

Hey guys, I can't find what you're talking about. I'm in the 'edit waveform' section, transform, amplitude, envelope... but there is nothing about panning. Any suggestions?

In the multitrack view, check out the toobars on top, one is to show envelopes, then zoom in on the track you want to automate, then move the proper envelope with the mouse, you can delete any unintentional nodes that you make, you'll get the hang of it pretty quick.

You don't want to destructively apply these changes to the recorded wave files in the edit view, it's better to automate these changes in the multitrack.

Back