Optimum Cool Edit Pro 1.2

Paradox7

I've been running CEP 1.1 for about two years now and I'm making my move up to version 1.2.
I've heard that most of the stability issues with the earlier versions have been corrected, but just to be safe I'm going to upgrade my old clunker of a computer a bit to ensure that everything runs smoothly. I'm thinking about putting in:

1) A XL-2000 Motherboard (simply because my present one won't accomodate a new processor)

2) An AMD K6 2/450 and

3) 128 MB of SDRAM

What I want to know is if this will prevent me from encountering the "illegal operation" messages which I used to get when I would start heavy sequencing in the multi-tracking screen of 1.1 . Will this be enough? Any insights?

I use 1.2 and the only time I ever get illegal operations is when I let the system screensaver start. That has happened on every computer I have ever used it on. So I would recomend turning the screensaver off. Also, I think I would go with an intel chip rather than an AMD. You can see what people think about that in the computer recording forum.

MIKE

Well, you're doing yourself a favor by gearing up your hardware, but I think most people agree that Version 1.2 ironed out a lot of the bugs in earlier incarnations - in other words, it will be the software change that will get rid of most of the problems you're having now.

Back