New Drama......

Chrisjob

I've spent the last few months working on songwriting and preproduction (arranging, sequencing, etc) and honestly haven't touched the red record button in a long long time. (six months or more)

So, this afternoon I try to test out some of my new tunes and I tried to lay down some basic guide tracks. And everyone of them contained these little random clicks, destroying my audio. It sounds like they're digital, but they're definately not clips. It almost sounds like a buffer issue, so I updated my driver for my soundcard, but no success.

Im trying to play some mp3s and listen for any similar noises, but I can't hear any.

And I just listened to some of my fruityloops files (mid-post) and I hear some slight clicks and whatnot.

So, I guess I've just figured out its not CEP, but this forum tends to be very helpful, so if you have any ideas, let me know please.

Thanks
Chris

Update:

I just reinstalled both my soundcard and its drivers, and I eliminated the clicks while playing my fruityloops files, so maybe I have changed something in Cool Edit on accident

Crap!!!

Thanks

Yesterday I tried to record into an old copy of Goldwave (ah memories...) and also into FruityLoops new audio section, and I didn't get any kind of clicks, etc....Which lends me to believe the problem lies in Cool Edit.

Please help me if you've got any ideas

-Chris

That sucks Chris.... have you tried to uninstall and reinstall CEP?

That would be my next move if I were you... hopefully it will work.

-Brian

Yeah, I thought of that, but I reinstalled about 4 weeks ago when I had a bit of a problem with the 2.1 update, and I fear it might have been the culprit.

Plus I gotta reset all my colors and whatnot..... :(

Well, this thread is going nowhere at all, so I'm gonna shift it to another forum or two. I wanna know the answer too.

Think I'll start with the Computer and Soundcard Forum. Check over there - things happen fast there.

Back