new Audio File Cleanup tool is available at last

zenpicker

Hello all,
I have just published a new release of Audio File Cleanup, a utility that simplifies the process of spotting and removing obsolete WAVs - those no longer referenced by your project. Audition doesn't make this easy to do, and Audition 3 doesn't improve on the situation.

With A3 out I felt it was time for an overhaul. The new version has two main improvements over the original:

- Support for Audition 3

- Ability to clean up any session, not just the currently loaded one. Rather than rely on Audition's system of locking the files it's currently using, the utility now actually extracts the list of referenced files directly from the Audition session file. So you can use it on any session, even if Audition isn't running.

The link:

Audio File Cleanup 3.0

Sorry it took so long to update this thing - since putting the first version out there in 2006 there have been over 1,000 downloads, so I know it is in wide use. My only excuse is that until Audition 3.0 arrived the old one did its job just fine, and it's just a side project for me so it never got that many cycles. I hope you'll find the new one to be an improvement - a lot of work went into it!

Zenpicker, many thanks.

I have used the first version many times.

Is the new one compatible with 2.0? I'm not sure I'll upgrade...I find myself using 1.5 a lot because it's compatible with friends' CEP .ses format.

I have used the first version many times.

Is the new one compatible with 2.0? I'm not sure I'll upgrade...I find myself using 1.5 a lot because it's compatible with friends' CEP .ses format.
Yep, it now supports 2 and 3, and there is some interest in retroactive support for 1.5 so I am looking into that. If that's of interest and you wouldn't mind doing it, send me a 1.5 session file and I will take a look. (I'm gathering a couple from friends since I don't use 1.5 anymore.) Adding 1.5 support might be trivial. I had no idea so many people were still using it. Email to afc_support@rootedproductions.com.

By the same token, if anyone's interested in potential CEP support, send me a couple of those .ses files too and I'll take a look. I am a little hesitant to go that direction since I don't have a CEP environment for testing, but if the session file format is the same as 1.5 (at least the section I care about) I might be able to offer informal support.

Back