need new soundcard for set up

Kurdt

What I have is a sound blaster audigy 2 zs platinum, Adobe audition 1.5 and a behringer pmx 2000. I have a 4 piece rock band running through all the channels on the mixer and then from the tape line out, I run it into my auxilary 2 input on the sound blaster.
When we practice I arm track 1 and hit record. We are all recorded onto the 1 track at the same time. This works ok but from what I have been reading, it seems that it's possible to record all at 1 time onto seperate tracks?
If this is the case, can I achieve this with the mixer I have now and just update my sound card?
Thanks in advance

You can upgrade your soundcard but you will need a mixer with as many buses as you have mics and instruments. You might try one of the Firewire or USB devices that has mic inputs and multiple outputs into the computer.

1010lt

First of all Adobe seems to have discovered a way to buy out small companies that write the best software in their media class and then take the software and ruin its peformance, quality and over all appeal......first i would get cool edit pro 2.1....then the m-audio Delta 1010lt and use your current mixer for now.....that's what i would recommend for recording band practices and whatnot.

Last edited:
lpdeluxe said:
You can upgrade your soundcard but you will need a mixer with as many buses as you have mics and instruments. You might try one of the Firewire or USB devices that has mic inputs and multiple outputs into the computer.
Man, I wish I found this forum before I bought all my stuff!!! I've been reading all night but I'm still a little unsure or confused with all the stuff out there.
If you could stear me towards proven equipment that you think would best suit my needs I would really appreciate it. I have 4 mics on the drums, 3 for guitars and 3 for vocals. Thanks again

PaFlAePx said:
First of all Adobe seems to have discovered a way to buy out small companies that write the best software in their media class and then take the software and ruin its peformance, quality and over all appeal......first i would get cool edit pro 2.1....then the m-audio Delta 1010lt and use your current mixer for now.....that's what i would recommend for recording band practices and whatnot.

ok, i'll start there, thanks

Those new Alesis firewire mixers look like they would fit the bill for what you are trying to do. Maybe the 16 channel Mackie onyx with the firewire upgrade. A separate sound card for you mixer sounds like a patch more than a solution since you will still only have one or two record busses

New Cheap Stuff!!!!

get this This is great for doing scratch tracks....one of few things i like from behringer...don't waste all your free ins on trying to get perfect guitar tones from 3 mic's. My recording order is usually drums\guitar scratch, multiple guitar tracks using whatever i need to get the tone i want, then bass tracks which are also good to use with the ultra-g, and vox. I know people are iffy about doing track by track stuff but i think you get the most leverage from doing it that way.

PaFlAePx said:
get this This is great for doing scratch tracks....one of few things i like from behringer...don't waste all your free ins on trying to get perfect guitar tones from 3 mic's. My recording order is usually drums\guitar scratch, multiple guitar tracks using whatever i need to get the tone i want, then bass tracks which are also good to use with the ultra-g, and vox. I know people are iffy about doing track by track stuff but i think you get the most leverage from doing it that way.
Thanks for the reply, I should have been more specific, 1 mic for rythm guitar, 1 mic for lead guitar and 1 mic for bass guitar.

altitude909 said:
Those new Alesis firewire mixers look like they would fit the bill for what you are trying to do. Maybe the 16 channel Mackie onyx with the firewire upgrade. A separate sound card for you mixer sounds like a patch more than a solution since you will still only have one or two record busses
So I'm leaning towards the mackie stuff because I'm familiar with the name as being good? The 1640 or the 1620?(with the onyx firewire card)

"First of all Adobe seems to have discovered a way to buy out small companies that write the best software in their media class and then take the software and ruin its peformance, quality and over all appeal"

How can you say that? Adobe creates the industry standard for Graphics (Which is HUGE!) and Video with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere, and After Effects.

Why don't you start a new thread and list all your reasons why they ruined the program. I would love to know and read these.

Back