Need assistance

Evangelion

I just purchased the Omni studio and while I have no problems recording into the Emagic software that comes with it, I cannot record into cool edit pro, which is something I need to do. I went to cool edit pro's website and looked into their troubleshooting advice. I went into Windows sound card mixer, went to options, setting, devices. When I choose the Delta card I have no options that permit me to select it as a recording device.

What's wrong? I'm fairly new to this but I suspect the problem comes the way the Delta card is configured. Did I do something wrong when I installed it? Is this a driver issue?

If anybody can help me and steer me in the right direction I will buy you a truckload of lollipops...

I will appreciaten any response, thank you...

Oops! Almost forgot, when I tryed to take an audio sample that was recorded in logic and tried to edit it in cool edit the sound comes out horrible. I think it has something to with too many bits or something. I think I have an idea of what to do but if anybody knows anything let me know!

Peace... and be merry!

In Cool Edit Pro to select your devices go to Options > Settings > Devices and under Waveform Playback/Record select your card and then try to record, if that doesn't help just reply here and see what we can do.

I DID THAT, it doesn't work. I'm new to this so maybe I have the hook up wrong with the card but then again I can use it with Logic, which is the software that comes with it. Granted, the software was customized to be used with Logic.

I'm going to take you threw the steps I did, am doing, which resembles what you offered.

Right now I am looking at the "Preffered Multitrack devices" dialog box. Playback device is the "Delta/Omni" (Actually it states "Delta 66 (1)") and recording device is also set to Delta/Omni.

When I click on the small icon (numbered 1) in Track 1, the playback device dialog box has the Delta listed (and it does play back).
In the "recording device dialog box", the Delta is listed also, but it doesn't record (LOL!).

What to do from here I have no clue. In my opinion it should work, shouldn't it?

Hey Again

I am using Delta 44 (about the same as a 66 w/o the SPDIF IO on the card) with Cool Edit Pro version 1.2a and works just fine, so if it can work for me, it could work for you. The only thing different in my case is that I have the standard breakout box and not the Omni.

Here are some things that could help, before you press the record button in Multitrack, be sure to press the little red "R" button on the track you will be recording on.

In the options menu, select "show levels on play and record" and press the record button and see if anything is coming in on the bottom meter.

Make sure to look over your multitrack settings (Options > Settings > Multitrack).

In Edit View, do a practice recording and see if any records in Edit view.

Make sure the sample rate you are recording at in Cool Edit Pro is the same that you have checked in the Delta Panel (under Hardware Settings).

Good looking out Mr. Whyte ice. I finnaly worked it out. It was the way I had the Omni/delta software configured. Anyway, this whole thing taught me a lesson. Since I have different recording software I managed to learn how to record into all of them.

I still have a lot to learn but at least in the one day I've had the card, I figured out how to use it. Duh!!

Funny, when I record into Delta logic the sound seems better.

Also, when I recorded some vocals into the delta and wanted to edit the audio file in cool edit pro the audio didn't come out, like the signal is too high or something, whatever.

If you might have an idea of what I'm talking about, let me know. Anyway thanks for your help!!!!

Back