Multitrack recording problem on Adobe Audition CS5.5

Verdex

Hello! This is my first post on this forum.
I looked all over the internet and can't seem to find an answer.

So, here's the deal: What i'm trying to do is record two simultaneous channels on a multitrack session on Adobe Audition CS5.5. Like this: I want track 1 one to record microphone and track 2 to record Stereo Mix at the same time.
The problem is, how do I change the input port for each track? On Preferences/Audio Channel Mapping I can only pick one of the ports (like only Microphone or only Stereo Mix), so every track will record the same port.

I don't suppose this is a audiocard problem, because on Audition 3.0 I can record like this with no problem at all (on the same computer). But I'm having some issues with 3.0, so I wanted to try CS5.5.

Can someone help? I appreciate the feedback.

I have an M-Ausio Fast Track Ultra 8 unit. I had the same problem. Before taking my set up to a gig to recording simultaneous multritracking, I set it up and tried plugging a mic into each channel on the ultra 8 to see if I was ok. Luckily, I then hit record on all tracks to see what would happen in using the multitrack set up. All channels showed a signal. THAT I DID NOT WANT. After research online, I found a solution. I hope this helps. If you find a hardware listing in your input section that showed a 1 and 2, I think those are unit 1 and unit 2 for 16 track recording. ignore that. Go to edit/preferences/ audio hardwaare. Select ASIO. It should show your unit. Check settings to the right. It should show a multitrack window of your unit. You can change the levels there for each input channel you are going to use. Now when you go back into your multitrack session, select your input as mono and the unit you have should show up with each of the eight inputs available. Why this doesn't happen automatically when the program detects your unit, I don't know. I hope this helps. I was so relieved when it worked. I tested it out and everything was good. Good luck.

What soundcard and what operating system are you using?

Assuming you're talking about a standard built in sound card like a Realtek or similar, I'm surprised you managed to record two separate things in AA3.01. Issues of routing like that are down to your sound card and operating system--Audition just picks up what it can from your computer--and most basic cards will only give you one source at a time. I just tried to select two things from my Realtek (microphone and Stereo out) in AA3.01 and I couldn't make it happen.

Back