Thread: Multitrack recording hiss

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    I recently got cool edit pro and I'm trying to record in the multitrack view. The problem is that I'm getting a lot of hissing and a few pops. When I record in the single track view, it sounds perfect. Obviously it's not my outboard gear because it records a single track fine in the single track view. But once I switch to the multitrack view (even if I try to record only one track) it sounds like crap. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Sorry, I forgot to mention a few things. My sound card is a Soundblaster AWE64. Also, this same thing happens in Cakewalk.

Thanks
    try messing around with your Multitrack Buffer settings... thats usually it.

xoox

Thanks
    The Problem is the AWE 64. If you read the documentation that comes with CEP, The SB family of cards is really not compatable with it at all. THe multitrack is the problem. The single track sessions are fine. This is addressed in the help file as well as the web site. I would suggest buying a better card, or a much cheaper one. Either way, it will work for multitracking, well it should. I try to stay away from the really cheap sound cards too, because most of them are made by Creative Labs, and just not stamped soundblaster.
    Anyway,
    MIKE

Thanks
    try going to options>settings and changing your recording and playback buffers up, I have acheap ass on board and it doesnt even give me problems. Also make sure the little meter in the bottom left hand corner is all the way full. The hiss can be removed with noise reduction and hiss reduction if nothing else.

Thread Information