mouse blues

dobro

Okay, what's the trick? What am I doing wrong? It doesn't matter whether I'm working in multitrack or edit view, but so many times when I'm clicking on a track to highlight a segment, or dragging level or pan points around, the damn screen keeps flipping over into the other view. This is *really* frustrating, and it takes loads of clicks to do what one click should. Help!

LOL Okay, let's get this straight - I post this message here, and six people read it. One of them votes to give this thread one star. LOL For what? The gravity of my problem? The importance of this topic? My deft handling of the English language? Or were you just feeling sorry for me? :D

Anyway, does anyone else have this problem? Tell the truth - if it turns out you do, then I might be able to talk my wife, who I love, into letting me buy a new computer.

So, do I get an answer, I wonder, or just more stars. he he he he he he

I really really wish I could answer that for you dobro, but I could be considered a Cool Edit retard. Maybe one day I can answer that for you. Did you try posting at the syntrillium forum?

Maybe I'l say a few words for you tonight, and the Lord will intervene.

I'm getting the cold shoulder around here myself.

Good Luck.

Has it always done this? Is it your mouse that's defective or Cool Edit? If it's the mouse, replace it with an optical one, Logitech or Micro$oft. Their smoooooth.

There, 2 stars.

Maybe because you didn't post a response to my "volume jumps at 1:55" thread next door, the community is boycotting you and reveres you as a fraud and a womanizer, and plans to organize a committee to have you ousted or have a scarlet letter pinned to your avatar, or worse yet have you forced to post only in closed forum with you and busta gruve thang. Then again maybe these are my own fears manifested in an outward cry for help directed at an otherwise innocent bystander caught in the crossfire of my own derranged emotions, I'm not sure.

Nah, it's normal. Plus, I think Emeric's right - I think it's my mouse. He drops by in this quiet forum once in a while and helps out.

Also, that second last post of yours is poetry. It could be worked into a song.

Finally, here's a useful URL:

http://www.audioforums.com/cgi-bin/...Syntrillium+&number=7&DaysPrune=10&LastLogin=

Things have been getting more interesting here at the CEP forum at homerecording.com recently, and I'm glad of that, but the above forum is where you'll get your stickiest CEP questions answered. Don't forget to write...

I TRIED to reply long ago... but my reply seemed to get lost in space.

It was: Are you sure you're not DOUBLE clicking on the waveform...? that would make it flip to edit mode.. kinda like when you try to drag you're panty pics of Letecia Casta to the trash, but ACCIDENTALLY open them in from of your mom.

xoxo

Back