Mixing using CEP

mastahnke

Linux Man...
I have a song just about done on CEP. Well it is all tracked and I have been working on removing noises I didn't like etc. I added my reverbs and now I am ready to mix down. I have 21 tracks though. My soundcard only has four outputs, and I usually just mix those through a nice board at a friend's house, but now I am forced to use the PC for the mixing process. I am fairly new at mixing on the PC and I am trying to learn how to do it effectivly. I figured out how to put little markers on the tracks to change volume and panning and things like that, but it is really hard to do at just the right spot sometimes. I was wondering if there is a way I could change things in real time and have the markers set themselves that way. Like listen to a track, pan it in real time using the mouse and a slider of some sort, and have that info saved either with the session or the track.

Second problem, can I add outboard effects like I normally do during mixdown? When I use our DA-88 I just plug the effects into the mixer and use the aux and effects loops and the like. Any way to do that through CEP?

Third problem..
What if I want to mix to 5.1? I do a little bit a film work, and while I am not doing that for this song, I see my only options as mono or stereo waveforms. Can I import a CEP session into some other mixing software that could do 5.1? Or is there a plug in or something?

Thanks in advance,
MIKE

mastahnke - can't you right click on the track console on the left and come up with volume and pan sliders that you can work while the tracks are recording/playing back? I haven't tried this yet, but I seem to remember reading this in the help notes.

If you try this and it works, let me know - my mouse is crap, so I think the preset envelopes would work better, but I'm curious - I've always wanted to try a 40-second fadeout.

Back