Mixing 2 tracks down to a stereo effects

Crapmaster

Hey guys Im a begginner with this program and i was wondering if you have 2 seperate tracks in my case a drum track left and drum track right. Is there anyway i can edit them and add effects at the same time or mix them down to 1 stereo track for effect editing and eq work? Thanks a lot. By the way i have cool edit 2.0.

"Hey guys Im a begginner with this program and i was wondering if you have 2 seperate tracks in my case a drum track left and drum track right. Is there anyway i can edit them and add effects at the same time"

Yes, you can edit the tracks in any number of ways. One way to edit is to apply effects. But you can only do one edit at a time on one track at a time, as far as I know.

"or mix them down to 1 stereo track for effect editing and eq work? Thanks a lot."

But if you make a mixdown of the tracks in Multitrack (Edit>Mix Down To File>All Waves) then you can apply any edit or effect to the mixdown, which is of course both drum tracks combined into one stereo mixdown, in your case.

"By the way i have cool edit 2.0."

Why not get the free upgrade to 2.1?

Thanks

Thanks alot for your help but what if you have 8 wavs your working with and want to mix the 2 drum track wavs down to 1 stereo track and have the other 6 tracks no included in the stereo mix? I do actually have 2.1 i just mistyped. Thanks again.

In multitrack, highlight as many tracks as you want to make a mixdown of. Then right click and select 'mixdown selected waves' from the popup. Cool will mixdown only the tracks you've highlighted.

1 More thing

I can do that fine but the 2 files i mixed down are panned left and right. the mixdown file I get afterward is only panned to the right, i was trying to make it mixdown to a stereo track. I select
the files in multitrack by clicking the wav data then holding ctrl and clicking the other track data then do what you said. Is that the right way?

thanks so much,

Dunno. I can't follow your account of what you did when it comes to CTRL and clicking on track data - I've never done anything like that.

But when you mixdown whatever you select in multitrack, you've got the option to mix down to either a mono or a stereo file. Which one are you selecting? Stereo, right? So how come the stereo mixdown is panned to one side? What are the pan settings for the tracks you selected in multitrack?

hEY

I am panning one track left and one track right and have 6 other tracks i don't want mixed down. I am not sure how to select both of the tracks I want to mix down in stereo. How do I select the 2 drum tracks that I want to mixdown to stereo, that is the thing that I cannot figure out.

thanks a ton and sorry for all the confusion,

". How do I select the 2 drum tracks that I want to mixdown to stereo, that is the thing that I cannot figure out."

When you're in multitrack, first left click the first track you want to mix down. Then CTRL left click any other tracks you want to mix down. They'll all be highlighted on your monitor. Then right click on any of the highlighted tracks and you'll get a popup. The mixdown options will be 'mix down' or 'mix down mono'. Make your choice, and Cool will mixdown the tracks you've chosen, and you'll see the result in Edit View.

Back