Massive latency/delay with Reason for only one session

Midnight Cabana

Hi all,

I have one Audition session that is not working with Reason (keyboards), all my other sessions work okay with Reason, the settings are the same and it has me perplexed...

It's not Reason's fault as I've tried different Reason files in this session and they all have a massive delay of around 5 seconds. I press a key while it's playing or recording, see the mixer light up but no sound for 5 seconds.

The input seems okay as it lights up but there's no sound for around five seconds. All other sessions with the same settings don't have this issue so changing the audio interface latency sessions won't do it.

Does any one have any ideas or is there a way to move all the audio track to a new session and start again if the session file is some how corrupt.

I've been tackling with this one for months. Any help appreciated.

Adobe Audition 3.0 build 7283.0
Reason 5.0
Tascam US-800
Windows 64bit

I just ended up copying all the audio tracks to a new session (twice!) and punching in each track's time position. Good thing there wasn't much mixing done yet. Reason works now.

I've got build 8347.

Explain to me how Audition sessions open in Reason. My understanding is that Audition sessions are Audition sessions and have nothing to do with anything else in the whole universe.

I've got build 8347.

Explain to me how Audition sessions open in Reason. My understanding is that Audition sessions are Audition sessions and have nothing to do with anything else in the whole universe.

ReWire. He's playing the midi through Reason Keyboards. Not sure how he's routing everything that gives a 5 sec delay. This Video tells the way to do it. If he's midi into Audition, then picking up the midi stream from audition into a midi in in Reason sent through the pianos pack and then back out as audio to Audition it might cause some delay, but I'm not sure exactly what's the prob there...but it sounds like he sorted it already.

Back