Latency issues?!?!?!

SolRa

Hi guys,

Just recently in Cool Edit Pro 1.2 when im working, it takes about 5 seconds to apply changes where it used to be pretty much a split second action. This is really annoying as i'm a quick worker, the only thing i have changed to my system lately is i've installed a 20 gig 7200 rpm hard drive and have checked the dma box for it in device manager. Could this be causing the problemor is it something else?

Cheerz

Im having the same problem today. When I say for instance, apply a change in volume using the mixer in mulitrack, it takes like 3 seconds for the volume change to happen. Whats up wit dat? When Im using the mixers, how can i have it react as soon as a move the fader??? Anyone??

SolRa - enabling DMA is the single most dramatic setting you can do. That, and the fact that the change happened with the installation of the new hard drive makes it sound like the DMA setting, or something similar, and not a setting in Cool Edit. But...

...Raydio - Cool Edit takes longer to carry out changes on the fly if you've got lots of buffers running and if the times for those buffers are long. How many buffers you got and what are the times?

I got like 10 buffers for both playback and recording, with 2 seconds for each. My backround mixing is at 20.

Back