I want to record my first album with Adobe audition!!Can someone help out??:)

M-Artist

Hi everyone,

I am working on my album and plan to record in about 2 weeks from now...

Can someone help me with tricks in adobe to work stuff smooth and professional???
Its mainly singing vocals wich are going to be edited after recording with my Mic..

Hope to hear some goodwilling ppl here:)

Regards,

M-Artist

good luck

First you don't mention you level of experience so I will say this. Record at least 1000 takes before you pick a keeper. there is no substitute for experience, and no experience with out many many costly screw ups. Second, keep levels low and allow LOTS of headroom. This keeps gives you some room to play, and what the heck it's digital right? Last, hire a professional to master for you. Really. You can do it, but if you want professional, make sure you do that. Not great advice but simple and you didn't pay for it.

I'm guessing his level of experience is not much, hence the term "my first album". But to the OP, I think you have a long ways. I can almost guarantee that it won't go as smoothly as you think. You don't just go into the studio and record a couple of takes and turn a couple of knobs and PRESTO!

YOU NEED EXPERIENCE!!!

Start experimenting with Audition, there's so much to learn. Everything's not gonna come the first week, or even month for a beginner. I've been recording myself for about 2 years and I'm just starting to learn how to use EQ.

So in closing, just have fun and stay motivated. The rest will just sort of fall into place.

SHAVEZ

for AA is try bussing. it will save you pc from working to hard when you add compression and things like that to tracks. make sure you add the FXs to the mulititrack session. don't actually apply it permanently to the track. yes it help your to stop your computer from over working, but then you face the issue of not being able to take the FXs off if you later decide you don't like them. (unless you haven't saved/closed yet lol) also, when you buss things (like all your guitars together) it will really help tighten things up. and its much easier to mix. especially if you are recording 4 guitar tracks or more lol. depends how thick you want things i guess hahahaha.
oh and on a side note, just for general recording... use the compressors, EQs, Exciters, 'verb, Stereo Expander, Pitch Correction and anything els you want...but don't OVER use it. to many people think that EVERY track needs 'verb. or everything needs to be compress. well, try everything once...but make sure it actually helps the sound. let your ears be the judge. and then IF you do need to use the FXs they have, dont over do it. try and keep things sounding clean and natural.

Back